Mapping Your Existing Web Form
To create a new form, go to Marketing Center → Web Form Mapping → Create New.
- Enter a name for your New Web Form mapping.
- In the Form URL field, enter the complete URL of the form you wish to map (including http:// or https://) and click Retrieve Form Fields.
- Each Web Form Mapping is unique to the URL being mapped. If your form lives in multiple locations (or is in multiple languages using different URLs), each one will need to be mapped separately–except in the case where GET variables are used. Read more on this below in the Setup Issues section.
- On the left column you will see the names of the fields as set within your web page code. Select the appropriate match for each field using the drop down boxes on the right. For example, if your form on your website says ‘Company’, you would want to match that with Company Name in the drop down box.
- Unnecessary fields may also be read by Net-Results. If that information is not important to use, leave the drop down option as ‘Do Not Record’.
- Your web form may also include custom fields. You will need to set up custom fields on the Custom Fields page before creating a new form mapping, or you can continue saving this form mapping and editing it later.
- When using a drop-down menu in your form, make sure each option has a value attribute (i.e. <option value=”California”>California</option>).
- Select a list or multiple lists to associate with this web form. Visitors who complete the web form will be automatically added to that list.
- Remember to click the Save button and save your work before navigating away from this page.
- We recommend you test your web form mapping by filling out the form on your website and then checking for list membership.
- Remember, you might already be a contact on your own account, so you will not be added as a new contact if you complete your own web form on your computer.
- You may want to have someone who has never been tracked by Net-Results on your website as a defined contact (personally identified) test the form mapping on another computer.
Form Generators FAQ
If the form is “hosted” on a site that is not yours, such as yoursite.wufoo.com, it cannot be tracked because a domain you don’t own cannot be added to a domain group.
Currently, forms created through Unbounce.com can be mapped using our Unbounce Forms integration even though a custom submit is used for these forms. But for other sites like MailChimp, Formstack, Wufoo and WebToLead Forms generated by SugarCRM are not supported by Web Form Mappings.
If you are looking for a form generator and use WordPress, we recommend Gravity Forms as it has worked consistently for our customers with both mapping and capture.
Testing & Troubleshooting FAQ
Testing is best performed in private browsing mode. Private browsing will not use any of your existing cookies, nor will it store any cookies or history once you close the session. Submitting a form in this way confirms whether Net-Results is able to collect data from the form.
When troubleshooting, it’s sometimes necessary to reproduce an issue on multiple browsers to identify the source of the issue.
Once you submit, check the My Visitors area for the details you entered using the All Contacts segment. If you don’t see them there, the cause may be one of these issues:
1. Right Click on the form
2. Hit "Inspect"
3. Navigate to the "Console" tab.
5. If there are errors, take a screenshot and send it in to support. Our team will explain more about what is going on!